8/11/13

The Week of Frustration


Looking back on the past week, I felt it might give you a laugh to read all of this:

Sunday - Putting my work pants in the wash, I noticed that there was a worn out patch in the lower part of the seat.

Monday - After counting all of my pennies and rejoicing that I had enough to cover a check I had mailed in to the phone company, an unexpected credit card payment was taken out of my checking account.

Tuesday - Came home from my first job, and threw my pants in the wash.  I took my keys, wallet, and belt out/off of my pants.  I realized my phone was still in there after several minutes.  RIP.

Wednesday - A pretty ordinary day, until I went to my second job.  I got there, swiped my badge and... "Punch not Accepted.  Not Scheduled."

Thursday - 3 out of every 4 people I tried to help at my first job were the snootiest, snobbiest, 'world owes me a living' type people I have ever run into.  Bright spot, my paycheck came in and was deposited before the cut-off time.  Still haven't seen the check get cashed.

Friday - Arrive at my second job, and find out that the badge that I lost the Friday before has finally been turned in.  I had already paid for a new badge on Monday.

Saturday - Woke up early (6:30 AM) to make sure I got to work on time.  Arrived at work before 7, only to find out I was scheduled at 8.

I hope you found it as funny as I now do.  I still need a new phone, but thankfully I still have my family around me, and our pets.  Despite all the unfortunate things that have happened, I know that God is watching out for all of us.

And my birthday is coming... :D

1 comment:

  1. You know what I liked? Going home and hearing about your week and your sister's week (which was a real hair-puller as well) and finding you both laughing about it (kind of a nervous, tired laugh but still a laugh). It reminded me of earlier years when your Dad and I would just look at each other and laugh each time our bad luck showed itself to the world. Incredulous laughter was really the only healthy response to the overwhelming flood of bad things that happened to us. Good times and blessings always followed though, so hang in there. <3 Mom +

    ReplyDelete