2/22/14

Good Guides



Somehow, when I get busy, I lose perspective.  Things that are really not that important become critical and make me cry, where as the really big, important things kind of go off my screen.  Lately I found a combination of websites that made me think, "Oh, I remember now, I am not the first one down this road." It was a very liberating thought.
Breaking trail
(Just by the fact that it is a road that I am following suggests that I am not breaking trail here!)

One was this website.       (I've added it to the list on the side of this page.)  The saints...  Some real life examples and real help in time of need, but the reason I especially like this site is because the coloring pages Mary draws that make the saints a little more real.  For example, Our Lady of Guadalupe has her hand on the head of Juan Diego.  Can't you just hear her saying to him "Am I not here who am your mother?  Are you not in the crossing of my arms...?"  a whole generation of children and their parents can learn from this gentle example posted on their refrigerator.

Then there is the EWTN audio library collection.   Father Pablo Straub, God rest his saintly soul, is immortalized in the collection, and his simple clear style helps us all to know just exactly what we OUGHT to be doing.  Clear instruction makes right action that much more simple. (He is just one of the wonderful teachers available on that site.  I listen to them while I work.

With these I am reminded of who I am, a Christian, and revived in my efforts to keep the faith, fight the good fight, follow those leaders that are following Jesus,  the good saints, the ones who have broken trail for us.

Good Guides
 All you angels and saints,  Pray for us.

Check out these sites, if you have the time. Refresh yourself and see for yourself that the heroic examples of the saints gives courage to their companions.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the link, and moreso for what you said on that post.

    ReplyDelete