11/7/16

Monday Prayer for the Holy Souls




Monday
O Lord God Almighty, I beseech Thee, by the Precious Blood which Thy Divine Son Jesus shed in His cruel scourging, deliver the souls in Purgatory, and amongst them all, especially that soul which is nearest to it's entrance into Thy glory; that it may forthwith begin to praise and bless Thee forever.
Amen.  


Our Father,  Hail Mary,  De Profundis.


De Profundis

Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O Lord;
Lord, hear my voice.  

Let Thine ears be attentive; 
to the voice of my supplication.

If Thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities; 
Lord, who shall abide it? 

For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness; 
and because of Thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.

My soul hath waited on His word; 
my soul hath hoped in the Lord.

From the morning watch, even until night; 
let Israel hope in the Lord. 

For with the Lord there is mercy; 
and with Him is plenteous redemption. 

And He shall redeem Israel; 
from all his iniquities. 




Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.  
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.  Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord. 
And let perpetual light shine upon them. 
May they rest in peace. 
Amen. 
May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 
Amen. 


(Prayers taken from: My Prayer Book by Father F. X. Lasance)

No comments:

Post a Comment