7/19/11

Cookie Desperation Invention

   One night I had a craving for cookies at about 10:30 p.m. but I didn't have any vanilla.  The only thing I had that could substitute was cinnamon so I mixed them up... and baked them. I finished at about midnight. THEY WERE GREAT!  Maybe it was my desperation, maybe it was watching "Doc Martin" while I beat the hard stick of butter into the sugar with a fork. Maybe it was just a great invention.  Here is the recipe:


MY Snicker Doodle Invention


3/4 cup butter
1-1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda


Heat the oven to 350.  Put the first four ingredients in a bowl and beat well until creamy.  Add the egg and continue beating. Add the flour, salt and soda all at once and mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the mix. Refrigerate about 10 minutes. Form into small balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 8 minutes or slightly browner around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so stupid, after writing this post I stumbled on a website that gives recipes of a German grandma which led me to look up a name for cinnamon cookies in German and, low and behold, they are called "zimt plätzchen" and there is actually a german website that has "328 zimt plätzchen Rezept/e." Yes, that IS 328 cinnamon cookie recipes! Maybe it's in my blood. Their name for it is better than snickerdoodle I think.

    ReplyDelete