3/3/13

To Know, Love and ...?

Yesterday I was babysitting again, a family of 3 little girls and 1 boy ranging in age from ten to three.  When we started to make supper, Miss America and Princess helped take the taco fixings out of the fridge, but the youngest, Captain America, began to cry that he didn't like tacos and ran out of the room.

"I like tacos" carolled five-year-old Madame President as she twirled around the kitchen, "I love tacos".  Then she pulled herself up conscientiously.  "No, no I don't love tacos.  I like them very, very, very much."

Ah, I thought, she's had that conversation, the one about loving people and liking things that all little kids get eventually.
"Do you know why you can't love tacos?" she continued rhetorically.
"Why?"
"You can't love tacos because you can't squeeze them!" she concluded with triumph, and returned to her twirling, leaving me speechless.

Honestly though, she's got a point.  Have you ever tried to squeeze a taco?

1 comment:

  1. I think I may have tried once...she is right, I urge you not to try.

    ReplyDelete